10.9.09

Went for Acupuncture last night. Recently I've had this overwhelming desire to go and have some but I couldn't really tell you why. There weren't as many needles involved as I thought and they weren't all on my back but in my stomach and legs. I wouldn't say it was relaxing but I could feel all the points tingling and sensations from the needles. The acupuncturist also took a much more thorough set of notes on my current health then any doctor would. Here's a blurb on it for the uninitiated.
Traditional acupuncture is an holistic healthcare system that regards pain and illness, whether physical or mental, to be a sign that the body is out of balance. Because traditional acupuncture considers every bodily function to be connected and interdependent, it recognises the role emotions play in illness and disease. The overall aim of treatment is to restore the body's equilibrium. By inserting ultra-fine, sterile needles into specific acupuncture points, a traditional acupuncturist seeks to re-establish the free flow of qi to restore balance and trigger the body's natural healing response.