14.7.10

Douglas Coupland fashion line

Douglas Coupland has teamed up with Roots.com to launch his own fashion line, Roots x Douglas Coupland. On the Roots website there are also a set of videos to watch about the collaboration. "I've never really seen too much difference between writing or making visual art or designing furniture or clothing. It's still my brain – I'm just using different parts of it for different things, I began doing writing projects and art and design projects to explore a new way of seeing Canada. Roots is one more way of continuing this exploration. I want to present a wide-open Canadian sense of colour, adventure, communication and openness that defines our country." If you haven't heard of Coupland and his Generation X, I insist that you start you DG education right this instant! :-)
www.coupland.com
www.roots.com/douglascoupland/