17.1.10

Arty Farty Stanislavski






2010 is all about me finally trying out some of my old interests and seeing if they still give me the thrill and excitement my desk job just never will. I once was very active on the amateur stage ('darling!') but after many teenage years spent being told, on the chance occasions I met a professional in the field, 'not to put your daughter on the stage Mrs Worthington' that the joyous side of this activity waned and I went in a different creative direction. Recently a friend took an am dram course and I went to see him in a play as part of the Camden Fringe festival. It was really great and I was so jealous afterwards and a little bit gutted that I had stopped being all arty farty actorly and had become a nine to fiver with less and less confidence in my creative self.

So I've signed up and now find myself in strange warm up exercises, jiggling my shoulders and hips in a semi-circle of other 30 somethings of a Saturday morning whilst making high and low-pitched noises and feeling all silly. I can't say if I like it yet but I like the feeling that I'm exploring a different creative route that I enjoyed very much as a teenager. If I end up in the local church production of 'Joseph and is technicolour Jill Sander trench coat for Uniqlo' or I end up in Hollywood on a 500 a day calorie diet and looking all botoxed and tanned I don't mind. For now its just an adventure.

Pictures wise for the post I'm showing my most aspired to artists in the field, most in productions where I think they excelled. Julie Walters, Juliet Stevenson, Leonardo Dicaprio, James McAvoy and Anne-Marie Duff.